Dec. 6 program:
The Holiday Season was kicked off with an evening of fun and fellowship, fabulous food and drinks. Thank you to everyone who brought your clothes for needy McVey school children. They were delivered by Bill McNabola the next day. And we will be giving many gift cards to families at Downes School to help make their holiday’s a bit brighter. Now yoou have the opportunity to sign up to support the Salvation Army’s Kettle Drive!
December Programs (Evelyn Hayes)
Dec. 5 (Yes – a Wednesday) 6-8 p.m. Holiday Reception
Dec. 6 – No Meeting
Dec. 13 – Jane Bowen, Newark Day Nursery and Children’s Center
Dec. 20 – Ken Jones, Blue Hen Veterans and Friends
Dec. 27 – No Meeting – Christmas Holiday
Upcoming Events (need your participation)
Dec. 12, 17, and 19 – Ringing of the Bell for Salvation
Interact Capstone Presentations:
- Mental Health: March 21 and 22, 10:30 – 11 a.m. March 26 (Time TBD)
- Operation: Walk in Our Shoes: March 13, 6-8 p.m.
- Water Pollution: March 28, 6:30 – 8 p.m.
- Education in Poverty: Dec. 11 and March 14, 10:30 – 11 a.m.
- Sports in Poverty: March 15, 10:30 – 11 a.m., Sports Clinic (TBD)
Presentations are in Newark Charter High School. All are invited.
50/50 Winner – Congratulations, Fred Dawson!
Thought for the Season
Welcome back returning Rotarians, Mike Reckner and Bob Foard!
At the Nov. 29 meeting, we heard from the junior class of Global Leadership, our Interact students, the topics and plans they have selected for their capstone projects. Under the calendar of events you will find dates for the presentations of our Interact students’ capstone projects. We are all invited to attend. Put a date or two on your calendar now!
Wear a 67 pin proudly!
Earn your “I saved 67 x 3” pin by contributing $40 directly to the Rotary Foundation. Give a check made out the The Rotary Foundation, or $40 cash to Robin and you will have saved 67 lives from receiving polio. The money will be sent to TRF in your name, doubled by the World Fund, then tripled by the Gates Foundation. Go, Rotarians!!!
Recent Board Actions
At the November Board meeting the following actions were taken:
- $3,000 to Newark Area Welfare Committee
- Tom D’Agastino termination accepted (relocated to Baltimore area)
- Liane Sorenson termination approved (just retiring!)
- Jamie Zingaro membership approved
- Downes Homework Club will not be renewed
- $1,000 to Newark Day Nursery and Children’s Center
- $1,000 to Interact to support Capstone projects
|Dec. 13||John Hornor||Tom Minto||Michael Luck|
|Dec. 20||Paul Keely||Doug Rainey||Joshua Martin|
|Jan. 3||Shawn Klapinsky||Michael Reckner||Bill McNabola|
|Sergeant At Arms Helpers|
|Dec. 13||Doug Rainey and Paul Sayther|
|Dec. 20||Polly Sierer and Mark Sisk|
|Dec. 27||Donner and Blitzen|
|Jan. 3||Michael Smith and Greg Stephens|
(If you cannot be here, it is your responsibility to find a replacement!)